Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Casual Bending of Words Into Something Seemingly Significant:

Ages ago, I'd always wonder what kind of person I'd be by the time I've hit the point of life I'd be in right now. I'd always want to meet my future self, and have him pass on some wisdom to me. But now that I've reached that point, it appears we would both have wisdom to share with each other.

Over the years, I've become more jaded and silent than my younger counterpart. I've felt that I've lost most of that imaginitive spark that kept me able to write easily. And the confidence I once had, that wasn't taken care of properly, has long since grown too large, and popped like a metallic plastic balloon.

It's all a result of events in my life I either let get out of control, or couldn't control. Until recently, I could never seem to find the balance I've always desired. I've either done the least I could do, or I'd over do it. On top of that, my constant worries for others, or my life in general, always  made me seem less capable.

But despite all this, I guess there are few things I can say I regret doing. So I'd say the following to myself:

"Power through the painful moments, no matter how bleak they are. Keep your head up. When you feel down, it's okay to cry sometimes. You're here to make your mark on the world, whether it's large or small. Most of all, help those in need. You won't regret it."

No comments:

Post a Comment