Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Dentist

Well, I'm sure everyone who's blogged about their life has blogged about their occasional dentist visit sooner or later, so I figured I might as well start now.

As you can guess by my blog title, I'm a gummy bear fanatic... well, more of a sugar fiend, really. I don't think I've gone a single day without candy. Strangely, my dental records show that my cavities aren't even caused by candy, but more by orange juice and soda.

Anyways, today was my second of three visits to fill my cavity-filled mouth. (yes, I brush, but I begin to wonder if dentists just like to stick a drill in peoples mouths for an excuse to put in fillings.) I go in, wait a while, get three shots put in (possibly four, I don't quite remember) which had actually made my face numb enough to where I begin to wonder on my way home (the dentist is only a mile away from my house) if people are staring at me like my face is as swollen as it feels it is. It wouldn't be quite as awkward, if it werent for me being on a rather busy road to walk on. I can't use the book to hide my face, cause I have a few more streets to cross, and I'll look like I can barely read with my glasses. Can't use my hand, cause it'll look like I got my ass kicked. So I run. Being beside a busy street, this probably isn't the best idea I can come up with, as half of my nose is numb, and with me being only able to breathe through one nostril that constantly switches due to allergies, that's not fun, and breathing through my mouth just gets all the taste of car exhaust in my mouth. So I have to deal with the awkward stares as I begin walking home. It's amazing how long a mile seems when the awkward factor's put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment