Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weirdness Magnet

       If I had a dollar for every weird thing I've experienced, I think I'd be pretty well content with myself. Weird moments happen to everyone, but mine just seem random, like fate decided to take acid and draw something.

        My dreams for example. Truth be told, I've only had a recollection of TWO seemingly "normal" dreams in my entire lifetime. The rest? Random things such as feeding a baby triceratops only to see a news report and seeing a terrorist getting tackled outside my front door by the bomb squad. But this particular post is speaking of an incident that happened around last summer-ish.
     
        Well, back last summer, my ex, my friend, and I had gone to a hookah lounge. This particular one often had random musicians playing on Saturday nights, this time, some obscure band I don't remember the name of, happened to be playing around with synthesizers. My friend was saying something to me, and right with the only coincidence that could possibly happen a few times in a lifetime, the band start playing, and it sounds like one of those trippy acid scenes in a stoner movie, as two girls wearing the weirdest possible masks come in. My friend looks at me, noticing I obviously wasn't listening, and he looked in the direction of the two. By this point, everyone who's seen them are looking at their hookahs, and back at the girls, as if someone had slipped them drugs.

     "Dude, you gotta take a picture." Obviously, I said the sentence like I actually was stoned off my fucking mind.

     He gets up, walks up and asks one of them for a picture. He comes back and asks me to come up with him. Little did I know, until a little later, that she tells him that in order to take a picture, someone has to put a third mask, that she basically pulled out of hammerspace. Turns out it was me who ends up putting this mask on.


Yes, I'm the one in the pink... furry... monster-thing. I had pink fur coming off that shirt randomly for weeks. 

     Don't ask me what's going on here, I'm not entirely sure myself, but I can easily say that if it got any weirder, I'd have asked the owners of the place what fucking drugs they put me on. Before I could sit down, there were a ton of others taking pictures as well. Oddly enough, I'd have to say this was probably the single weirdest waking moment of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment